background

Tuesday 30 September 2008

September

Lets see if I can cover all my September events in one blog posting.
Patchwork classes have started at School House Arts. Despite people telling us that they wanted basic classes the uptake has been slow. But numbers are increasing which is promising.

My car has had its first MOT.Nice boys round at Hanningfield Motors looked after that for me.Highly reccommend these chaps very fair on price and their workshop has got to be the tidiest I have ever seen!


I have applied for and received my very first passport. This is momentus for me. I don't really like travelling or holidays so have avoided getting a passport. Why now then? Well it's motorbikes of course.Brother in law and a small group of chaps have been going to Jerez MotoGP for a few years now. His daughter and son in law have a house a few miles away from the racetrack so it makes it a very reasonable trip. So my love of bikes and more especially Valentino Rossi have pushed me into this. All happened fast as well. Less than a fortnight from sending off my application.And that included having to go for an interview to prove I was who I said I was!




Concert crowds
Finally on Saturday last we had a family trip down to Brighton.Son has been before but couldn't remember and his girlfriend had never been. So we made a reasonably early start and drove down. It was only when we got close that we realised that we had picked the day of the Fat Boy Slim concert on the beach and the place was jammed.Still we had no problem getting to the park and ride and getting in to town. The shops in the Laines were wonderful as always and we had a great time wandering around.Lunch at the Gourmet Burger Company was yummy.

Jess and Peter
I managed not to spend too much money but could easily have spent loads more. The weather was fantastic and I am sure all those crowds had a great time at the concert.


Mr on beach

No comments: