background

Tuesday 30 September 2008

I am a bad blogger

Yes I am. It is so long between posts that I have to look at my calender to see what I have done since. So this is me catching up (again)
The day after my epic charity bike ride Hubby and I went on a day sail on a Thames sailing barge out of Maldon.Hubby has had a couple of trips away on one of these as team building exercises from work and has really enjoyed them.So much better that paintballing!
Very early start was needed to catch the tide and it was a bit nippy and windy to start off with but later on the sun came out and it warmed up a bit. Got some sail up and headed out. Now obviously you don't go very far just sail for a bit, anchor for lunch and sail back. Nevertheless it was a very pleasent way to spend a day. The real highlight though was the food which was excellent.
On the way back they did manage to get it into full sail for a while but it was the wrong kind of wind so we were not travelling fast enough to get us back in time so sails had to come down and engine started.

No comments: